Monday, May 18, 2009

If I was going to finally post something new, I would tell you:

  • About how I invited my mother to come help me with my flowerbeds last weekend, and how I then felt bad for making a nearly 60-year-old woman work so hard.
  • About how my mom is really the best mom in the universe. If I would have known how much work it was going to be, I wouldn't have had the guts to invite her to help with my flowerbeds. But she did know how much work it was going to be. And she still came!
  • About how I'm a sucker. In the last few weeks I've: 1. Signed up for newspaper delivery (even though I knew they would just pile up, but I've got a soft spot for the plight of newspapers and for nice old men in sales). 2. Bought a $35 bottle of cleaner from a door-to-door salesman to help keep him off the streets. 3. Purchased a book to have it signed, just because the man there for the book signing looked lonely because no one would buy his book at Costco. (And don't get me started on the Fraternal Order of Police. If they can trick me into answering the phone {which they did this year}, they are going to get my money.)
  • About how I've lost at least 2 pounds. I know that's not a huge accomplishment, but the number is going the right way!

4 comments:

Diana said...

You and I are alot alike in the people pleaser aspect... but luckily I'm a lot more stingy than you too.

Cheap. That's me. Or does frugal sound less harsh?

PS. Tyson almost bought that cleaner too.... and then he remembered that I would take that sum out of his lunch money. (or at least roll my eyes at him because he is a SUCKER. :)

Kristina P. said...

Two pounds is awesome! And we tried to take the paper only for the weekends, but they kept delivering them during the week, after we called numerous times.

Anne Marie said...

Way to go on the 2 pounds! It takes a lot of work to lose every pound. I think I got suckered into buying the same cleaner as you...Advanage. It did work very well on some grime on our front porch, so at least it's not total junk.

artsy ann said...

how did i miss this awesome blog you have hear. I'll be back for more so keep on writing!