Sunday, August 14, 2011

On a lighter note - FREE Mat Kearney album for winner

Everyone should have this album.

It just came out a couple weeks ago, and I am obsessed. Dave has been a fan for a while (and I've been a more casual fan), so he bought this the day it came out. He was playing it in our room while we were folding laundry, and I was instantly hooked. He has a unique and very appealing style. I was surprised when he started rapping (he calls it "spoken word," apparently), but as soon as I just got over that I don't usually listen to "rap," I was all on board.
The songs are catchy, but meaningful. And I love the rhythms. I'm a sucker for a good beat. This is full of that kind of sound and I absolutely love it. He's kind of progressive folk rock mixed with hip hop, and I can't get enough of it. Seriously... it hurts my feelings to ever have to turn it off. 

This is not a giveaway blog and never will be... but I love this album so much, that I want to buy it for all of you. But then Dave would be mad, so I'll just buy it for one of you. So leave a comment if you want this album for free, and this Friday I will use Random.org to pick one of you. I will send it as a gift through Amazon's MP3 store.

9 comments:

julie said...

k random picker, pick me!

Mrs. Hyde said...

Mat's music sounds interesting!! :)

Newton said...

Hi Emily!! I'm always looking for new music! And hey, there's nothing wrong with a little give away now and then. =)

*LaUrA* said...

Random Picker hates me...but I am entering anyway! I want to win!

Josie &Brady said...

I need some new music Em' (:

**nicke... said...

i am totally going to win this one! ;)

Cassy said...

I love listening to new artists I've never heard before.

Britley said...

I like Matt Kearney, but I haven't heard this album yet. It would be so fun to own it!

Diana said...

You are right. I should win that. :)