Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Eager

That's me. Eager.

I'm in a new town and a new ward, and I've moved around a lot since I got married almost 8 years ago. It's been hard for me to adjust to all this moving.

Now that we're in a place we plan to stay indefinitely, I've decided I'm going to throw myself into whatever I can. I am eager to make friends. I'm eager to make casseroles. I'm eager to bring a bag of chips to your humanitarian effort. I'm eager to stalk my neighbors' blogs (and even leave comments!) to get to know some girls around here. I'm eager to take my son to a Mom & Tot tumbling class. I'm eager to stop you at the dollar store and introduce myself because I recognize you from church.

So if I seem a little too eager, well, I am. But I'm really glad to be where I am, and I'm excited to finally settle down.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm glad you posted today, because I was going to hunt you down and ask where you've been!

Anne Marie said...

Glad you can enjoy settling down in one place. It's a nice feeling.

*LaUrA* said...

From getting to know you on your blog I think you and I are a lot alike:)I hope you take that in a good way and don't mind that I just said that....cuz I know there are some people I would be upset about if they told me we were similar people.

I hope all of your eagerness pays off and that you are able to find your spot in your new community!

Diana said...

I like casseroles.... :)

Diana said...

Me again... get me your email address and I'll send you an email from our ward activities person that arranges for all the interest groups. I'm thinking about getting involved with the recipe group. Even if worse case scenario by some chance the company totally sucks, there's food to be had.... so it can't be a total bust.

Jacque said...

...And I'm eager to tell you that I'm proud that you're my daughter. I love your attitude, and I think it will pay off in really good friends and fun things to do.

Wonder Woman said...

Good for you. That's the only way to get to know people -- totally put yourself out there. Be yourself, but don't freak out if it takes a while.

Didn't mean to sound like Dear Abby there. Just passing on info I've learned first hand.

p.s. wearing the red coat, or really cute shoes is a GREAT way to get people to talk to you. I'm not great at giving compliments or making conversation with people I don't know, but if they're wearing something SO CUTE I just can't resist. It's a great "in."

Liz Brown said...

It's a novel feeling to stay in one place! I haven't been this stationary since I was a kid!

Anonymous said...

I need your help.