Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My magic red coat

I am in love with my new red coat. After a tireless search, I finally found the perfect coat. And did I mention it's red? I love it.

The day after I bought it, I couldn't wait to leave the house, just so I could wear my coat. Dave asked me if I had planned my clothes around my coat. Of course I had. He told me he thought so.

So while I was all gussied up, he took a bunch of goofy pictures of me. Dave is an excellent photographer, but I'm afraid the coat is not actually magic, and it didn't actually make me look 40 pounds thinner. So you don't get to see those ones.

Instead, I took matters into my own hands (really... I had the camera in my own hands), and I took a few glamour shots of myself. You can see one of those.




You're welcome. Oh, and look. My new red coat makes me irresistible.

10 comments:

Anne Marie said...

You look beautiful. Red is a very flattering color for you.

jen said...

colorful coats are magical. I like your red one. I, too, plan my outfits around my orange coat. As a result, I don't wear my orange sweaters on cold days when I need the coat nor my orange scarf. Red is fabulous though - goes well with brown and black.

*LaUrA* said...

I love your new coat... and I love finding a piece of clothing that makes you excited to get dressed and go somewhere...those are few and far between moments for myself. I also like your hair!

Jacque said...

Great find, Em - and great photos too!

Wonder Woman said...

Looks fantabulous. I'm way jealous.

julie said...

It's true what Laura says about your hair. In fact, I've never seen it looking less than magnificent. And the coat, I'm jealous. I LOVE red. You should post a whole picture of it, not just down to the top button. :)

Melissa said...

I am so jealous! I've been looking for the perfect red coat for months! You're just lucky I don't know where you live!

Liz Brown said...

LOL
I'm so excited for you! I laughed the whole time I read this :) I have to say, though, I'm am increddibly impressed Dave noticed you planned your outfit around you coat!
(Psst - I'd do something like that, too! :P)

Carrie said...

That IS a nice coat...and I'd plan my outfit around it, too.
I don't mind if you blog-stalk me, it's up to you if you want to read my ramblings or not!! I've been meaning to be a friendly neighbor and bring you cookies, but of course I haven't yet! I can't say I really ever see you at church, either, cause I'm in the Primary. But--I have seen your husband chase your dog around the neighborhood, and that was entertaining! :)
I'll try to be a better neighbor, I swear!

artsy ann said...

i love your posts, and your red coat!